Raise your hand if you have experienced problem to keep your home clean!
I have three cats (yes, Calipso is the new entry, she is so cute and tiny and meow :3), and I struggle to keep my home decent. The apartment where I moved last year is way way bigger than the previous one, and I have this strange feeling to keep it tidy in order to keep it tidy. Endless story.
I know, though, that cleaning my home can be powerful in a lot of ways, indeed. It helps me to:
– have much more space to think (tidy place = easier thinking), because I don’t have to focus on your clutter or on the busy space around me
– realize what’s really matter for me (tossing away unwanted or ugly things)
– understanding who I am and how my organization works
– receive guests with happiness, and not in a stressful way
– live in a space that talks about me, not over me
Using my best-paper-friend (aka my planner) I tried to create a daily routine that would work for me (I don’t have three fancy bathrooms, or a patio, sorry) and this is the result:
I need a very neat and simple list in order to stick to it, without forgetting some colors and doodles. Since this pic was loved on Instagram, I decided to digitalize it with my iPad, then processing it through Illustrator and ta-da!
Some tips from me to you, collected during long and suffered years of house chores:
1) I always recommend to clean on a tiny yet fast everyday schedule, but if you don’t have enough time (30 minutes are nothing, by the way!) or you do prefer to clean your home once a week (big effort, less weekly chores), you can adjust it to fit in a single cleaning day
2) Set a timer for each room. I usually set 5 min. for the bathroom, 10 min. for the bedroom, 5 min. for theliving room and 10 min. for the kitchen = 30 minutes!
3) Don’t do it perfectly, just do it fine! You don’t have to declutter the entire wardrobe, not this time. you’ll plan a moment in your week to declutter things, but not during the everyday cleaning routine.
4) Hire some help! my partner has the duty to load/empty the dishwasher, so i can clean the countertops in the meanwhile. we save a lot of time doing so!
5) Play good music, sing, dance and have fun while cleaning!
I hope you’ll enjoy your printables, and i would like to receive your comments and thoughts on my blog or mail me (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you use my printable in your instagram pics, let me know tagging @plusbizarre and using #pluspaper or #plusbujo as hastags.