Let’s dig deep in the topic. Internal, External and Passive Resources are at our disposal, but what are they and and how can we use them to get the most out of productivity and serenity? Let me show you.
Internal Resources are all those qualities / abilities / habits / knowledge that allow us to move to the best in the professional, social, and personal space. As you will already know, these resources are not limitless: you often hear about the fact that your power of will, for example, needs to be used wisely because it will decrease pretty soon. Some examples of Internal Resources:
– the education received (the level of empathy, responsibility, emotional control);
– acquired skills (theoretical and practical knowledge, scholastic and non-formal);
– traits of personality (tendency to optimism / pessimism, mild / high stress tolerance, etc.).
External Resources are all those objects / people / relationships with which we have a frequent interaction, and that help us in our daily life. Some examples of External Resources:
– objects (like home appliances, they perform for us some important and routine functions);
– people (a babysitter or a partner can, among other things, help us with the domestic workload).
Trusting on External Resources is a good thing, and it is important. It allows us to create new relationships based on trust and collaboration, lower our burden of commitments and consequently the perceived stress.
Passive Resources are objects / habits that we use to develop over time, and allow us to present ourselves to the best in everyday life. They also enhance some of our faculty somehow. Some examples of Passive Resources:
– Objects that allow us to expand our capabilities and faculties (such as your smartphone, computer, planner, or agenda);
– Daily habits (if good, they will help us increase perceived well-being and lower stress levels, if bad ones will be additional obstacles).
Passive Resources are actually the toughest ones to acquire because they require a lot of continuous work (planners or the calendar apps should be updated very often, but also the goal of losing weight or developing the habit of going to sleep early in the evening requires a lot of effort and time).